Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,515,006   Online: 1227

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Thats just another SLR. The QL17 is desirable because it is a rangefinder with a fast 40mm f1.7 lens, the option of fully manual or shutter priority, exposure lock, flash sync at all speeds and is small enough to slip in a pocket.
    It's a 70's relic, with cheap and nasty build quality.

My EOS has the fastest auto-focus in it's class, the latest EOS ETTL-2 flash system, plus it does fully-auto, shutter priority, Apeture priority, fully manual, has Canon's excellant DOF feature, 4.5fps motor drive, fill in flash at all speeds, 35 zone, partial and centre weighted metering, auto-bracketing, do I need to go on? I could you know. What a beauty. New price 340 quid from discount stores. I got it ex-demo with 12mnths warranty, boxed with instructions for a mear 140 quid. Not a mark on it. What a steal! He he.

If I want a fast lens I can pop on my 24mmf1.4L, my 35mmf2,my 50mmf1.8 or perhaps my lovely 100mmf2.

Will it fit in my pocket? Well not with the f1.4L on it, but it will with the little 35mmf2.

100 quid for a secondhand Canonet? Oh dear somebody lost the plot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth harper
    My EOS has the fastest auto-focus in it's class, the latest EOS ETTL-2 flash system, plus it does fully-auto, shutter priority, Apeture priority, fully manual, has Canon's excellant DOF feature, 4.5fps motor drive, fill in flash at all speeds, 35 zone, partial and centre weighted metering, auto-bracketing, do I need to go on?
    So all thats left for you to do is press the button? Thats a very expensive point and shoot.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andy chill out If you look at the thread we are talking the prices down and taking the pi$$ LOL

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    So all thats left for you to do is press the button? Thats a very expensive point and shoot.

The choice is yours Andy, or rather mine. On fully manual, I can take my time and create a master piece, or if I'm lazy let the camera do all the work, I just have to press the button, and I'll still get a better shot than I would with one of those crumby old Canonet's.

Sssh Tony.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth harper
    Sssh Tony.
    You know who Oooops that was the shweppes advert LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate both of my Canonets, they are C R A P. What's with the smallness and the "I am drunk" looky-thingy... And the fact that the Bell&Howell 19 is as old as me and still works... well, big whoop...and the QL17, well, its so small that other photographers make fun of you whenever you have to pull it out... I would pay someone to pretend to take them away from me...I mean take them away....yeah! NOT WORTH A RED CENT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may have to try a QL19 just to see how bad they can be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey - I bought mine 6 months ago - talk the price UP UP UP!!!

Did I mention the lovely little Oly Trip 35 SP I got last month?.... Greatest camea on the planet - buy buy buy....

Actually, thinking about it, I've no intention of ever selling it so:... it's rubbish, don't touch with a barge pole: two barge poles tied end-to-end in fact... total smelly pants... not at all the best lens ever put on a fixed mount rangefinder, no way...

OK, you can buy one now....

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my Canonet dearly. My all time favorite image was taken with it.

That said, 100 pounds for a canonet is just silly. I think I paid $45, with the aged case. For that price, you could get an OM1 with 50mm lens. I was shocked to see that the OM1 was nearly the same size/weight as the Canonet. Heck, a Nikon FE with a 50mm 2.0 lens isn't too much bigger. Unless you want the really quiet shutter of the Canonet (and, sometimes, I do), the OM1 is a better bet.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to make a confession.

I am a mug.

I've been following an Ebay auction for a week. For a mint condition QL17 GIII. Last night I won the auction. £42. I figure I've overpaid by about £35.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin