Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,652   Online: 800

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Canonet madness.

While waiting to get my borrowed Canonet back from a service a Quiggs in Glasgow, I thought I'd have a look for a possible spare on e-bay. These old things must go for buttons, right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

94 quid! That's crazy. The next one up on e-bay uk is already at 51 quid with a day to go.

What's going on? There is a lovely black one coming up too, but at these prices I'll be looking elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha, it is just like the stock market. The more you drumbeat the Canonet, the more the lurkers will drive up the prices. If you want to depress prices, start to post compliants about them on all the forums - and watch the prices plummet.

For a couple thousand you could corner the market on used Canonets sold at discount, and then slowly build a campaign to raise the price so you can sell high. Don't laugh - business does it with billion dollar companies all the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank god I got my beloved Olympus Trip 35 for $1.50 last year. Works great, but I bought at an auction in my photo club, and noone there was interested in that little wonder of analogue equipment. I use it a lot!

I may, however, wait a little with a Canonet

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio
    Ha, it is just like the stock market. The more you drumbeat the Canonet, the more the lurkers will drive up the prices. If you want to depress prices, start to post compliants about them on all the forums - and watch the prices plummet.

For a couple thousand you could corner the market on used Canonets sold at discount, and then slowly build a campaign to raise the price so you can sell high. Don't laugh - business does it with billion dollar companies all the time.
    Truth is they are crap cameras anyway. Why am I even bothering to get it repaired. I must have also taken leave of my senses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The worst £39.00 I ever spent on my first one and to think I've just wasted another £50.00 (inc flash + hood) for my next one

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You need your head examined Tony!

Look if you want some cheap fun with a rangefinder, and one that will give you much better results than the Canonet, get one of these.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=5931
    Look it's even got a built in flash,all for 1 pound 49 pence what more could you want?
    Now sling those Canonet's in the post, so I can dispose of them in an enviromentally friendly fashion for you..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those prices are for the sought after QL17. Look for a less fashionable QL25 and prices are much lower.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Those prices are for the sought after QL17. Look for a less fashionable QL25 and prices are much lower.
    Those prices? Sought after? If you look around you'll find em for about a third of the e-bay price. Plus there's about 1.2 million of the little things kicking around. Mass produced 70's Jap crap.

Almost 100 quid that one was. Meanwhile I got a Canon UK ex-demo EOS30v for 140 quid with 12mnth warranty, including postage off e-bay a few days ago. What a steal. E-bay is nuts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth harper

Almost 100 quid that one was. Meanwhile I got a Canon UK ex-demo EOS30v for 140 quid with 12mnth warranty, including postage off e-bay a few days ago. What a steal. E-bay is nuts.
    Thats just another SLR. The QL17 is desirable because it is a rangefinder with a fast 40mm f1.7 lens, the option of fully manual or shutter priority, exposure lock, flash sync at all speeds and is small enough to slip in a pocket.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Thank god I got my beloved Olympus Trip 35 for $1.50 last year. Works great, but I bought at an auction in my photo club, and noone there was interested in that little wonder of analogue equipment. I use it a lot!

Shhhhh. We dont' want people to realize how awesome the trip is. With enough hype we may have to end up paying $15 dollars for one! Wait. I alreayd have, but it was black, so the expense was justified.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin