Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,275   Online: 931

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I could club the little seal myself I'd love to have a wack. But then I use my lawnmower to chase and "disperse" rodents and carry my .22 rifle to the mailbox in case I see a groundhawg.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    I've been looking at their stuff and have heard all good things about them. I fancy the Spring Green Kid Skin for my QL17 & QL17 GIII, nice and inconspicuous for street shooting
    Yeah, its official - you are beyond help, now you're dressing them up...

I do like the red leather m'self though...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Try talasonline.com, but I'd imagine you must have some excellent sources locally. There is such a long history of fine bookbinding in the Netherlands.
    Thanks David, very helpful as usual! And what a nice link! Bookmarked it on the spot.

About the history of bookbinding here: I fear it's now mainly 'history'. Were at a binders fair some two years ago, but no imitation leatherette there. One guy was selling gorgeous papers, but he was a Britton!

or I could go to an antiquariat, buy a finely bound old volume and strip it at home (evil grin!) - bibliophiliacs would be shocked to hear such abusive language...

Regards,
    Norman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Yeah, its official - you are beyond help, now you're dressing them up...

I do like the red leather m'self though...
    There are so many beautiful colours and textures there though that I may have to keep buying RFs just to try out different coverings

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are so many beautiful colours and textures there though that I may have to keep buying RFs just to try out different coverings
    I've already chosen three different colors for my three AE-1s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, Camerleather has a great product. I added red lizard skin to my Yashica Electro (black). Looks great. I know it cost more than the camera but I love the camera and it works great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jason 3 x AE-1s? I definitely need at least another 2 Canonets to add to my current count of 2

John sounds like many things in life. The restoration / customizing always costs more than the market value, but the emotional value is priceless

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You people are sick

And that's good, I don't feel so alone...

A colourful AE1, huh? Now there is a thought...

I just went to the website and the prices are very reasonable... and the "KID" is "GOAT"... that's probably good, I was wondering how they were getting away with it...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was going to order one of the exotic leather kits for my medium format camera, but they don't list the Holga as a supported camera!

But seriously, I will keep them in mind if/when the coverings on my Linhof go bad. Thanks for the info on the company, I like what they're doing!

-Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jason 3 x AE-1s? I definitely need at least another 2 Canonets to add to my current count of 2
    Technically, one belongs to my 8 year old son... It was given to me by my stepdad... That just means that one will end up being the brightest, loudest color they offer...

....and I just met a photo1 student who was given one to use... It has electrical tape holding the battery door closed.. I already have dibs on the purchase of it at the end of the semister...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin