Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,150   Online: 901

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Awesome service from cameraleather.com

http://cameraleather.com/

Boy, I can't say enough good things about this place. I just covered my smokey old Leica III in a couple of minutes - the glue wasn't 100% off or anything - and it went on perfectly. And I'm a klutz at stuff like that. The die cuts are perfect - I had to pull it a bit to clear the eyelets, no wrinkles, it sticks great, looks great, feels great. I got the cheap seal skin covering - will be more adventerous with the next camera. Also going to do my Technika tonight!

Not very expensive either, at least for the basic coverings.

Thanks Morgan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been looking at their stuff and have heard all good things about them. I fancy the Spring Green Kid Skin for my QL17 & QL17 GIII, nice and inconspicuous for street shooting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    I've been looking at their stuff and have heard all good things about them. I fancy the Spring Green Kid Skin for my QL17 & QL17 GIII, nice and inconspicuous for street shooting
    Yeah, cameraleather is nice, but our cameras that need new cloth are not on his list. Too obscure...perhaps?

Speaking of leather: does anyone know where one can get that very special kind of papery leatherette older cameras are clad in? Microtools doesn't have it in their collection, I've talked to them before. What we're looking for is thinner, paper-based and with a fine leatherish print. I seem to remember this stuff was also used on other things than just cameras, so maybe we should be looking somewhere else than just in the camera section of the web?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers from the country ruled by a Harry Potter imitation (according to the Belgian foreign minister ;-0) ,
    Norm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Embossed leather, luxurious grain, sensuous texture...I don't know if I could handle one of these on my camera.

That said, the claret is nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    What we're looking for is thinner, paper-based and with a fine leatherish print. I seem to remember this stuff was also used on other things than just cameras, so maybe we should be looking somewhere else than just in the camera section of the web?
    Try at a bookbinder. They have all kinds of extremely thin leather and leatherette.

-- MW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Claret is really elegant A quick question from me is does the material make any difference other than the feel and possibly look?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus W
    Try at a bookbinder. They have all kinds of extremely thin leather and leatherette.

-- MW
    Thanks MW! We thought of that option too, just haven't found anything yet. I'll put in a search in the bookprinters guild we're a member of. But a weblink to a good source is still welcome (I'm just so awfully lazy - I want to find everything on the web...!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know it's not a rangefinder but I used cameraleather to redo my XD-7, great fit, check it out:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XD-7.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You killed a poor little baby seal to re-cover a Leica?? Oh my. Oh dear.....!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Thanks MW! We thought of that option too, just haven't found anything yet. I'll put in a search in the bookprinters guild we're a member of. But a weblink to a good source is still welcome (I'm just so awfully lazy - I want to find everything on the web...!)
    Try talasonline.com, but I'd imagine you must have some excellent sources locally. There is such a long history of fine bookbinding in the Netherlands.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin