Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,892   Online: 1004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yashica Electro 35 GS battery?

I'm about to hit my local camera shop. I know it used to use one of the mercury jobs...anyone know the make and model of its replacement?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think you can get those anymore. I have been buying an adapter that uses standard Energizer A544 battery from Yashica Guy . A battery is included. I have installed this adapter in my 4 Electros with no problems.

Regards,
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Howdy,

You might try this site

http://www.photobattery.com/

This was the only one that I was able to find a batt for my Minolta Rangefinder.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought one of the adapters on eBay. It was really inexpensive and uses pretty standard 6v batteries, the same ones that I get for my Mamiya 645, so it is really cheap. Here is a link to the auction for the adapter that I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

His ad is goofy, but the adapter is inexpensive and works great for me.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    His ad is goofy, but the adapter is inexpensive and works great for me.

Paul.
    Paul-

Goofy? It made my eyes hurt!

But his adapter seems as good as any, and $4 is about as good of a price as you'll find one of these things for.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    I'm about to hit my local camera shop. I know it used to use one of the mercury jobs...anyone know the make and model of its replacement?
    I was given two Yashica "GA" Electro cameras. One was trash being totally wrecked by a previous owner but the other was in pristine condition. It was this camera I adapted to use a common 3-volt lithium battery by inserting a brass washer and spring from the local hardware (total price $0.80). Tests comfirmed the operation and I may put the whole shebang up for sale if the market is there. I cannot use it as there is no way to independently set shutter speeds. Otherwise it is a great picture maker with wide-angle and tele lens adaptors, finder, and nice case.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ditto what Dr. Bob said. I used a spring from a bicycle wheel to take up the space for the smaller, yet higher in voltage lithium battery. Works fine. Cost nothing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GSNs (which are in this regard the same as GSs) aren't picky about the voltage--a 6v PX28a alkaline cell works fine. In another GSN I use an adapter from an eBay seller (dreamweaver?) and a lithium 6v. The adapter is a .410ga shotgun shell trimmed to fit. Works great and you could send those pesky squirrells a message :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin