Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,020   Online: 900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, Chris. PayPal is fine. You can send the payment to me at Jon_Goodman@yahoo.com. If you'll send an e:mail to me at that address with "Canonet Instructions" in the title, I'll reply with a pdf file for you (or anyone here).
    Best regards,
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon's light seal kits are excellent. I did several Yashica Electros with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My QL17 had seals that looked almost new - which is strange... What is that trick for the viewfinder? I have not heard of this.
    I also checked out these light seals, and can only say this - wish I saw these first... The ones I got for my AE1 are...well, they work - but I am a bit dissappointed with the fact that they look nothing like the original equipment and make my film door stick - they do not have any of the "springiness" of the originals... Besides, the fact that Jon's kit has strips in it alone is worhtthe money. Its a huge pain to cut that stuff at home into the really anrrow strips. Having used something else, I can say for sure that these kits here are a better deal and a better product.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, Gnashings.
    I wouldn't think it would be too late to re-do your Canon...I actually have written re-sealing instructions for the AE-1 and many other popular models. They give a step by step walk-through of the process with images. In some (Nikons, for example) I also show how to safely remove/replace the focus screen for cleaning & re-sealing, and in some rangefinders (like Petri Racer), I also mention how to adjust the rangefinder with images. There are tips and hints in many of the instructions, actually. Of the models I remember off the top of my head:
    Nikon FM series (FM, FM2, FM2n)
    Nikon EM
    Minolta SRT series
    Canonet second series
    Canon AE-1 style
    Olympus OM-2s & similar (includes OM-1, but I'm still working on the databack supplement for the OM series)
    Minolta Hi-Matics
    Yashica FRII
    Yashica Electro 35 series
    Petri Racer
    Olympus OM-10
    Fujica AX-3 & similar
    Yashica Lynx 5000
    Olympus XA series (all)
    A couple have been translated into other languages (Italian, mainly. Working on some in Spanish, one in French + a friend in France has written some similar articles in French--medium format mainly & I have his site.)

I'm happy to send these to those here who want them. I wrote them to be shared, and I'm writing more as time allows. Several are in progress now, but it takes a while to do it right. Contact me at Jon_Goodman@yahoo.com to request them, and please put light seal or something like that in the message line.

Also...big news...Rick Oleson and I have decided to combine the large light seal kit with his amazing and entertaining 20+ year compilation of tech/repair drawings on a CD, and that will be offered very soon. So, things are still happening to keep it interesting.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman

I'm happy to send these to those here who want them. I wrote them to be shared, and I'm writing more as time allows. Several are in progress now, but it takes a while to do it right. Contact me at Jon_Goodman@yahoo.com to request them, and please put light seal or something like that in the message line.

Also...big news...Rick Oleson and I have decided to combine the large light seal kit with his amazing and entertaining 20+ year compilation of tech/repair drawings on a CD, and that will be offered very soon. So, things are still happening to keep it interesting.
    Jon

Always interested! Still haven't ran out of my first kit, but I've been thinking of ordering his CD.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    It is a pretty amazing CD...I was fortunate enough to be one of the "beta testers" of it, and I can tell you for anybody who enjoys tinkering with cameras...and anybody who thinks they'd like to learn about tinkering with cameras, or anybody who has a curious mind, it is well worth the price. You can buy it on Rick's website, and I think he and I've agreed to offer it as a solo item on E-Bay, too. If I remember correctly, there were about 1,000 scanned pages which went into the making of it.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First off, thanks for the generous offer. I think the AE1 is going to become a paperweight, though. It fires blank frames at an increasing and unpredictable rate and I just got too fed up with it - and fixing it costs more than to buy another one. I may still do it down the road - but for now I am anxiously awaitng its replacement - a Canon EF ! Of course, any of these purchases are a crap shoot - and I will most likely need to do the seals on it... With the stuff I got, it was not much of a job - and by the look of your kit, it will be a pleasure.
    As soon as my "allowence" recharges, I will be looking at that CD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin