Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 761

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

OLD CONTAX REPAIR !

I love good news, and want share a great experience.

I had an nice old Contax IIa refurbished by Henry Scherer.

He worked slowly, charged me a very reasonable amount, and returned me what behaves as a totally new camera. it's possible it works better now than it did new, some 50 years ago.

Everything about the camera is gratifying, and Henry tuned up the original Sonnar 50/1.5 while he was at it. Taking a mid '50s camera out with new film is a very cool experience. And the prints are sublime.

He also did a remarkable job on a wartime production Sonnar in LTM.

Henry Scherer is a real asset to the RFDR community, and am happy to recommend him.

[COLOR=Red]http://www.zeisscamera.com/First.html[/COLOR]

don
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the information and link Don. Hope you enjoy the camera..

Regards,
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought my Contax IIIa and 35/2.8 Biogon, 85/2.0 Sonnar, and 135/4.0 Sonnar from Henry. And I had the same experience - everything works perfectly.

Enjoy your camera!
    Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin