Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,516   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Xpan exposure counter

I think I read somewhere, and I can't find it, that there is a way of seeing how many times the shutter has fired.

Is this true?

If so, how?

thanks,
    david

Images
    I think you can do this on the Xpan 2, but not the 1. I don't know how it works.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I used to have an Xpan I, and yes there is a way, although it escapes me now. Best bet is to go to the Hasselblad Web site and poke around in the Xpan Q&A. If that doesn't work, just call HasselbladUSA. Very helpful folks!

I will tell you, as I recall, it will only record the total number of exposures, including the several hundred test-firings that Fuji did before it left the plant.

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually, I have found out how to do this on the Xpan 1.

Turn the camera off. Then press and hold the AEB button while turning the camera back on. This will give you a number. Take that number and multiple by 10.

This is how many times the shutter has been fired.

Images
    Amazing. It's there. 0269. That's about 130 rolls of 36 in the pano mode. How about others?

When I got my camera used, the only manual I got was a little card with pictures and symbols -- cave writing. Basically worthless.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mine is now at 0130 or 1300 exposures. That works out to about 36 rolls of film.

The camera is serial number EE or 1999, so that's about 5 rolls of film a year.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin