Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 785

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sterioma
    I definitely need a meter, though, but I wouldn't like to spend too much on it (because I wouldn't use it with my other SRL cameras). Any cheap suggestion?

Stefano
    I use meter even when shoot with my Canon EOS3, and that camera has great mettering. I use it for incident mettering and for flash. Don't underestimate importance of good hand meter and incident mettering...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris
    [...] Don't underestimate importance of good hand meter and incident mettering...
    I don't! Actually I would love to buy a good spot meter (I am dreaming about buying a MF camera one of these days...), or any other kind of good meter. However, I bought this Zorki almost "by accident", without anticipating investing in a expensive meter. For now, I just need something "decent", which can be a bit more reliable than my own judgement

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris
    Don't underestimate importance of good hand meter and incident mettering...
    Can you elaborate on that? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm happy with my 4k. I supplied it with a Voigtländer VCII meter (more expensive than the camera!) and it's great package to use. I'm also using the 4k for IR-photography, easy to compose and focus... of course. I hope you enjoy your Zorki as much as I do, Stefano!
    ciao,

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    I don't remember the URL, but I think if you google search "Soviet era cameras" you will find a website by a guy
    The website is at http://www.geocities.com/fzorkis/

For some reason I've never understood, the Zorki content doesn't link off the front page, but from an inside page. Zorki content is here: http://www.geocities.com/fzorkis/stoisha2.html

The site is an excellent source of info about the Leica-style cameras made by FED and KMZ (Zorki).

Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stark raving
    The website is at http://www.geocities.com/fzorkis/

For some reason I've never understood, the Zorki content doesn't link off the front page, but from an inside page. Zorki content is here: http://www.geocities.com/fzorkis/stoisha2.html

The site is an excellent source of info about the Leica-style cameras made by FED and KMZ (Zorki).

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan for finding the link.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi
    As sugested in a previous message, a Russian lighmeter is the ideal match for a Zorki. I use a Leningrad 4 lightmeter (selenium powered, no batteries) with very good results. You can find them easily at ebay at good prices.
    regards
    Joao

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWind
    Hi
    As sugested in a previous message, a Russian lighmeter is the ideal match for a Zorki. I use a Leningrad 4 lightmeter (selenium powered, no batteries) with very good results. You can find them easily at ebay at good prices.
    regards
    Be sure to watch the postage, though. A lot of Russian/FSU gear is sold from Russia or other FSU countries, and some sellers gouge on international postage, particularly for small items like light meters. It'd be a bummer to win an $8 light meter but fail to notice the seller wants $30 for shipping. Most of the reputable sellers won't do something quite that ludicrous, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin