Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,256   Online: 816

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All this comparing a g2 to an m is kind of nuts. Very different cameras, both with their respective virtues. The one valid comparison is the lenses, and ultimatley, the images the camera makes. Tools are all different, and greatly affect how we work, frequently in subtle and hard to quantify ways. When I bought my G2 I had never had any kind of automatic anything. Automatic to me meant having a coupled light meter. The change did me good- sort of jump started creativity if you will. Some times it takes doing something very different to jolt ones sensibilites.
    As for the lenses and images, the negatives I get from the g2 are phenominal. It would be hard to convince me that the leica offerings are any better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I took the M6 and the XPan for a workout and low and behold, the XPan was nothing short of amazing! I took a series of landscape shots (uploaded on Apug) with the Xpan and must say I really enjoyed it. Midroll switch btw 35mm and pano, incredible meter, Auto if you want it, great manual camera allround.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ...then you should check out the fuji rangefinder pages (XPan is actually a fuji product). Go to contaxg.com and click the related links on the lower left corner....

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KB • PhotoRant • PhotoPermit • APUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The G2 Does allow MF as well as AF right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes

"What Would Zeus Do?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe it should be mentioned that regardless of the merits of one system versus another, many people prefer MF because they use selective focus and find DOF scales to be helpful in that regard. Most AF lenses do not have DOF scales, and this is true of the G lenses. DOF scales are also handy for setting hyperfocal distance for maximum DOF in landscapes (and street photography when it may be desirable to skip focussing altogether for the sake of immediacy).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    My buddies Eddie and yoshi shoot documentary with G2 in harsh conditions and it just keeps coming back for more.

I'm a little late to this, but thank you for sharing the websites. Though Eddie's link isn't right, and I want to see it!
    Yoshi's work is incredible. The kind of visual commentary that would love to be doing.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivette
    Maybe it should be mentioned that regardless of the merits of one system versus another, many people prefer MF because they use selective focus and find DOF scales to be helpful in that regard. Most AF lenses do not have DOF scales, and this is true of the G lenses. DOF scales are also handy for setting hyperfocal distance for maximum DOF in landscapes (and street photography when it may be desirable to skip focussing altogether for the sake of immediacy).
    WTF not DOF scales, Why the hell not How does the Nikkor 50mm 1.8 AF have DOF scales?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    WTF not DOF scales, Why the hell not How does the Nikkor 50mm 1.8 AF have DOF scales?
    . That's a good question, but I sure don't know the answer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by suzums
    I'm a little late to this, but thank you for sharing the websites. Though Eddie's link isn't right, and I want to see it!
    Yoshi's work is incredible. The kind of visual commentary that would love to be doing.

Again, thanks for sharing.
    Eek! you're right, that's "walkeast.com" not "Walkest"

http://www.walkeast.com - Eddie Ng

"What Would Zeus Do?"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin