Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,129   Online: 864

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Contax G2 image gallery

For most part of today I've been trying to find a Contax G2 image gallery or various sites that show some impressive images taken with the G2 and the quality of prints at various sizes.

I'd be grateful for some links to review.
    Thanks for your help.
    Nicole

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This page is filled with good stuff for the potential Contax G buyer:
    http://www.novia.net/~jlw/contax/advice.html#top

You can also try the Contax G page:
    http://www.contaxg.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole

I'll testify to mindboggling image quality from the G2 system in almost any circumstance. It's only weakness is that close up, at maximum apertures, and the 90mm lens, it is harder to get exact focus where I want it. This is a hair splitting observation, due in large part to me and my limitations as a camera operator.

Shooting in low light, close to the subject, with a 90 mm lens, I could not place the precise focus with the G2 as well as I can with a Leica.

For all other circumstances, the G2 was easier for me to use. It is a wonderful camera.

You might look at a Konica Hexar RF, as well.

cheers

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Are there any well known photographers that use the Contax G2 professionally?

Thank you Fintan, df & Morten! The links are great. I've noticed many out of focus images shot with the Contax G2 and am quietly hoping it's more due to pilot error rather than lack of equipment quality.

Does anyone know of any famous photographers that have used the G2 for documentary work???

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nicole,

I have recently come acros a website explaining that this was due to "pilot error". The site explained that the G2's manual actually explain the use of the auto focus in detail, but apperently not a lot of peolpe read it thoroughly. I will try to find the URL again. I don't have a G2 allthough I would love to...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been looking at the G2 as well. As much as I've been trying to pull away from 35mm, I just really like the camera. As for famous photographers, I know Alex Webb uses one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here is the URL I was talking about;

http://www.botzilla.com/blog/archives/000378.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nicole,

I can't tell you much about the camera, but there is one for sale at rangefinderforum.com and it looks like a pretty great price.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=11384
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm, how come there are many Contax G1 & G2's for sale but not many Leica M6's??? Does that send a message?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin