Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,400   Online: 1082

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Leica Repair shop in Europe?

Hi,

I need to have a Leica IIIf serviced (CLA and shutter speeds). Is there any reliable service shop in Europe that won't cost me a fortune?

I have checked CAMERA REPAIRS & RESTORATION , LUTON , ENGLAND. Their prices seem to be on the expensive side.

Have you got any other place to suggest?

Thanks,
    Stefano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a price quote, send a mail to Werner Schaden at LP-Foto in Stockholm. He's doing Leica.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sterioma
    Hi,

I need to have a Leica IIIf serviced (CLA and shutter speeds). Is there any reliable service shop in Europe that won't cost me a fortune?

I have checked CAMERA REPAIRS & RESTORATION , LUTON , ENGLAND. Their prices seem to be on the expensive side.

Have you got any other place to suggest?

Thanks,
    Stefano
    Stefano,
    I have just seen today this one based in Vienna, there are no prices quoted on their site though.
    http://www.leicashop.com/

Maybe worth a try and give them a call.
    ciao
    Salvo
    "A photograph is not created by a photographer. What he does is just to open a little window and capture it. The world then writes itself on the film. The act of the photographer is closer to reading than it is to writing. They are the readers of the world."
    Ferdinando Scianna, Magnum photographer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you guys, I have emailed both of them

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try Leica Meister: http://www.leicameister.de

Has a good reputation,

good luck
    Horst
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is allways Solms

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Someone on pnet said Leica is no longer servicing LTM bodies, but maybe that only refers to the U.S. operation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Kindermann in Toronto, Canada. http://www.kindermann.ca/ Supposidly they bought out Leica's stocks of screw mount parts when they discontinued them. The techs are excellent, each have 30+ years of experience working on these cameras and do excellent work. As an advantage, it's cheaper to have the work done in Canada than Europe.

Going by memory, I think a complete CLA was $260 cdn, or about 190 euros.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin