Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,922   Online: 1119

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I tend to see the world rather objectively with RF finder while subjectively with SLR finder. Besides, with RF finder I can watch what's happening outside the frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    Can't take pictures through lens caps. I never use one....., I'll carry a rangefinder camera backwards around my neck so the lens is punching me in the stomach. It might look a little different but it works.
    And you still don't use a lens cap!!? I agree about the Bessa R meter not working with the cap on. Trouble is I find the meter is not totally accurate with the 15mm lens I use much of the time with that camera, so I am often using a separate meter and as the lens means using an accessary viewfinder, I tend to ignore the camera's own finder. I find the big "LC" I have written in typewriter correcting fluid next to the viewfinder helps though :-) Certainly I have less trouble remembering the cap with my Leica MP as there I will be using the meter. It is all a bit sad really, but I have only been using rangefinders again for a couple of years after a long break and I guess that after 30 years of SLR's I am just used to knowing that if I can see through the viewfinder, everything is OK.

David.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin