Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,616   Online: 1072

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I manage to shoot these 35mm microfilms occasionally using a shoulder support where one end attaches to the camera tripod screw and the other end rests on the shoulder.OK for EI 12 most of the time.The results show up particularly well in the ability to resolve edges against a skyline.I have a careful film washing and drying procedure.I find the Gigabit and Imagelink curl up,the Maco ort 25c much less so.

It is a bit of a technical exercise though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For me, Leica is most of all about how it handles in street photo and environmental portraiture situations: sound, ergonomics, tactility. For sharpness, I would look to MF or LF.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tactility???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I originally wrote a message comparing my experience with the Fuji GA645 and the Contax G1 (not having used a Leica in quite a while), but I realize that's not really what this should be about.

I use the Fuji because it does what I want it to do and it makes me happy to use it, not because of any inherent technical superiority. If the Leica fits your personal style, or if you have a desire for a Leica that no other system is going to meet, then buy the Leica. We can all put up arguments all day long about how system X is better than system Y, but in the end it's what will make you happy that's truly important.

When I read your original message the thought that crossed my mind was, "He wants a Leica." There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And you don't need any technical justification to buy one. Ultimately, the thing that matters the most is the person behind the camera, not the camera itself. If you're using a camera that you like, you'll be more likely to use it and that will raise your chances of taking a great photograph more than any MTF chart ever will.

Best of luck to you.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin