Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,020   Online: 829

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Ikonta?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Canon P, but I'd like an M-system camera eventually. The Zeiss Ikon is tempting, but I don't use auto functions. The M2 is what I think I'll end up with.

Shooter
    35mm
    Stephanie, aperture priority AE is about the only auto function on my Zeiss Ikon - & there's no reason why you have to use it. Set in manual mode, it's a fully manual camera & you'd never know you had an auto-anything camera if you didn't look at the "A" on the shutter speed dial.

If you buy an M2, you'll be sacrificing a meter - & it certainly can't hurt to have one available. The Zeiss Ikon meter is spot on in my experience & the camera itself is beautifully built. In addition, you get 28 frame lines on the Ikon & a better viewfinder. If you like this camera except for the AE function, I don't think that should get in your way.

Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Biogon Bill
    if you didn't look at the "A" on the shutter speed dial.
    Would the warranty period stop if one grounds it off with a file?
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti
    Would the warranty period stop if one grounds it off with a file?
    Only if it's a Leica file.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    TTL metering is nice, but someone reminded me that I hardly ever use it anyway. :P The M2 is the perfect marriage of affordability and ruggedness that I want in a camera. Like the P, this will be a user camera that will see plenty of abuse most likely...I use my cameras hard. It's very important that they be very durable.

That said, I'm probably not getting *anything* any time soon. This is just something I'm toying around with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin