Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,651   Online: 1209

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I can hardly wait...

Tomorrow morning, I'm sending off a recently acquired Retina IIa to Flutot's Camera Repair for a shutter and rangefinder CLA. Since she's getting all cleaned up, I though it was time for a new wardrobe, so I ordered some new skin from cameraleather.com. I've done a couple of Nikon FM's with their kits and they're really top notch. Anyway, I'm having them make the front door skin in the "Four Petals" cut. My color and material choice is the Indian Red Kid Skin (Goat), seen here on a Leica. This should look real sweet on the Retina! I'll have to get one of Gordy's wrist straps for this one.

The waiting is going to be a killer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Retina IIa_01.jpg  
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Tomorrow morning, I'm sending off a recently acquired Retina IIa to Flutot's Camera Repair for a shutter and rangefinder CLA. Since she's getting all cleaned up, I though it was time for a new wardrobe, so I ordered some new skin from cameraleather.com. I've done a couple of Nikon FM's with their kits and they're really top notch. Anyway, I'm having them make the front door skin in the "Four Petals" cut. My color and material choice is the Indian Red Kid Skin (Goat), seen here on a Leica. This should look real sweet on the Retina! I'll have to get one of Gordy's wrist straps for this one.

The waiting is going to be a killer...
    Nice touch, to put your APUG mug in the background...maybe you could have the logo custom printed on the leather as well? Imagine, exclusive APUG-styled cameras!

Funny as it is, we are always looking for what they call on the website "the glazed paper that is often mistaken for the real thing". The paper is much thinner than leather and it's virtually impossible to find a replacement - which we need in large quantities as there are always cameras in repair. We found something that looks like the original 'leatherette' used on the Optika from a Viennese paper dealer who was selling off old stock, but it's still not quite the same.

How long is that you have to wait anyway? How are you going to hold out?
    What will you do?
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Norm, natives of the state of exits and abrasion -- I'm an immigrant -- are famous for their lack of patience.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Norm, natives of the state of exits and abrasion -- I'm an immigrant -- are famous for their lack of patience.

Cheers,

Dan
    Couldn't have said it better!

(Exit 117)
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm

Cheers,

Dan
    Hey!!! New Jersey is more than exits on the Turnpike (or Parkway). Just take a look at Daniel Lawton's photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Tomorrow morning, I'm sending off a recently acquired Retina IIa to Flutot's Camera Repair for a shutter and rangefinder CLA. ...
    Bob, I had the idea that Carol worked on only large LF shutters. I am looking to get my F3 CLA'd too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    Bob, I had the idea that Carol worked on only large LF shutters. I am looking to get my F3 CLA'd too.
    I don't know if Carol does focal plane shutters, it's worth a try though!

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx
    I don't know if Carol does focal plane shutters, it's worth a try though!

Nathan

Remember--the shop is Flutot's Camera Repair. Check the website--she does vintage SLRs.

She's the best! I can't attest to Dagor77's claim about her being a good kisser, though...

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Remember--the shop is Flutot's Camera Repair. Check the website--she does vintage SLRs....
    Yes, I checked her website - but she does not work on vintage Nikon SLRs. Anyway, I also have a couple of Agfa folders that are in need of a CLA(C).

Thanks for the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    If you look at her site, she specifically states she doesn't work on Nikon cameras. She did CLA's on two of my folders, a Zeiss and a Zenobia.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin