Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,433   Online: 928

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do be sure which mirror is at fault -- the rangefinders I've had open (not many, admittedly) had a first surface mirror for the moving mirror, and the beam splitter was a prism, rather than a mirror. If your splitter is a mirror, it's the most likely culprit, but if a prism, it'll be built so there's glass on both sides of the splitter layer, and only the first surface mirror can be at fault.

If you're seeing framelines, your splitter is probably fine -- most compact top-RF cameras seem to view the framelines through the splitter, rather than on the straight-through path. That means it's the "easy" mirror -- easy in that a first surface mirror isn't particularly rare or critical, nor even expensive.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try putting a few dots with a blue/black Sharpie in the main window where the RF patch should be.
    That should bring it back up, afterwards you can cut a small piece of electrical tape and put it permanently
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Donald and Titrisol.

I've tried the tape/shapie trick, and it only helps if I'm aiming at a lightbulb, and even then all I see is a faint yellow stain.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Can a Lynx 14 or othe Lynx beam splitter be cleaned? I have seen some say yes it can be cleaned and others say it can't even be so much as looked at or whilst loose the coating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lynx repair page, may be of some help if you are going to dig in there: http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/lynxfix.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yep checked there, the Yashica Guy does not advise touching it to clean it, but other forums and sites I have seen say otherwise. I hear the Canonet beamsplitter can't be touched but it seems that Yashica's have some folks saying yes and others no way. Is there any Yashica RF CLA'ers on this forum who can weigh in?
    Last edited by zsas; 05-24-2011 at 06:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez View Post
    I've only read good things about Mark Hama (both in cost and service), so I'll anxiously await that one as well
    I will personally vouch for the service Mark Hama provided. I sent him my Yashica Mat-124G for a CLA and repair of the winder. It came back clean, spiffed up, and working. I couldn't be more pleased. Seems like it was about $150US, and worth every penny.

Kurt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin