Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,499   Posts: 1,571,568   Online: 1141

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Xpan Users: Notch or No Notch ?

I've just started printing full frame (as in showing a black border) on my darkroom prints and I've noticed that some of my negatives have the "hasselblad notch" in the upper right corner and some don't. It's almost random as far as I can tell.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
    david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi David,

That's very intriguing! Seems to be evident on all of my Xpan negs...

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I've just started printing full frame (as in showing a black border) on my darkroom prints and I've noticed that some of my negatives have the "hasselblad notch" in the upper right corner and some don't. It's almost random as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
    david

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a Fuji TX-1 (Xpan by another name) and it never has "the notch". I guess they did do something different between them, not just the color and logo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Just went through a few negs to be sure... all have the notch. Interesting David. Any chance the format change wasn't completely implemented? Or maybe you shaved a little close when cutting the negs?

Bill

PS. Thanks for the note on the books going to Texas. At least I will be there in spirit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I may have figured this out.

Apparently, the gate or whatever it is called that slides out when you switch to "normal" mode may not have fully retracted when I went back to "pano" mode.

I'll be keeping an eye on this in the future.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin