Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,687   Online: 920

Thread: Rollei RF 35

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Rollei RF 35

Any feed back on this camera....Sonnar HFT 2.8 and an 85 mm is also available

Thanks

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe that is a rebranded Voigtlander Bessa R2. I have the Bessa R, which is a superb little rangefinder. The R2 is said to be a bit more solid, and uses the Leica M Bayonet in lieu of the 39mm screw mount. You might want to check www.cameraquest.com for more details.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This camera has been available for roughly three years and is a slightly modified/rebadged version of the Cosina Voigtlander Bessa-R2.

It has a mechanical shutter, a Leica M mount with a different body covering and paint scheme. Operation is identical to the R2.

The 40mm Sonnar is a sweet little lens although not the first choice if you're a speed freak. Nice color rendition and very sharp. Focusing the lens is accomplished via a tab.

The lens is surprisingly heavy, probably uses lots of brass and steel.

I haven't used the 80mm, although I've read some nice things about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I tested it with the Sonnar 40mm for the needs of a magazine article. Liked the plasticity of the lens, too. The looks of the image made me feel I was using an old Sonnar on a Rollei 35, maybe it was auto-suggestion, maybe not.

I didn't like the camera itself, but I will not start writing "inflamatory" stuff again for I will end up getting banned from the rangefinder forum :-)
    I still have to write that I can't understand why they couldn't incorporate a lens-autosensing system to change the frames in the viewfinder. Now the user has to change the size of the frame everytime he/she changes the lens and this will most probably lead to mistakes in the composition if he/she forgets to do it. The frames in the viewfinder only cover the 40, 50 and 80mm lenses. The WA's have to work with external viewfinders.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin