Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,664   Online: 1109

Thread: Konica III

Shooter
    Medium Format

Konica III

Ok I just picked this camera up cheap at an antique store. I actually traded some old junque for it.

It comes with a couple of problems. First, everything seems to operate fine except the winder lever doesn't return to the top by itself. I have to push it down and UP. It sticks at a certain spot about half way up.

Second it is a really pretty camera, BUT the vulcanite seems to have flaked off in a couple of spots. AND it looks like someone tried to remove the rest of it with a scrapper of some kind. It's all scratched up and ugly. Any ideas how to safely remove this stuff and recover it? I've recovered cameras before but never dealt with this stuff.

Kevin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This camera has a very sharp lens. Wish you luck in cleaning the camera up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I've been using this camera. It has a very nice lens. The winder problemn isn't too bad. I just have to pump it up and doen manually. the spring seems broken. And it's not as pretty as it could be.

These old Konicas are pretty well made cameras otherwise. It is fun to use.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin