Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,870   Online: 873

Shooter
    Medium Format

40mm finder for G2 w/45mm lens?

My first post here, hi. I like my Contax G2, but it has a skimpy viewfinder. What if I used a 40mm finder (Voigtlander?) for a better view with the 45mm lens? Anybody try this? Other finder suggestions for this lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. You may want to check that the diopter adjustment (knurled wheel to the right of the finder) is set properly for your vision before buying a supplemental finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Voigtlander 40mm finder with my Fuji GW690 and 90mm lens. I bought it for my 40mm rangefinder lenses, but it's a very close match in coverage for the 690, and the view is higher magnification (about 85-90% lifesize with the Voigtlander), and much brighter and clearer than the Fuji finder. I've briefly handled a G2, but can't make a valid viewfinder comparison for you.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin