Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,096   Online: 934

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoy my GIII QL17. It's a compact, convenient carryaround camera with a sharp lens, and 40mm is a nice focal length.

Gene

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, does anyone have access to a pdf owners manual for the QL17? For me for the past 3 1/2 since I got it, it has been pretty much T and E. Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flash19901
    Hey, does anyone have access to a pdf owners manual for the QL17? For me for the past 3 1/2 since I got it, it has been pretty much T and E. Thank you.
    Here: http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manual...ii_ql17_19.pdf

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Leica M3 and a Canon Canonet QL17 GIII. Both are decent bookends, I am continually blown away at the quality of the photos, I bought mine refurbed from my Camera tech and it was the best $120CDN I spent. you learn how to work around the limitations. I am happy with mine.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought one, love the results, bought a second one, gave it to a friend, she loves it, the wheels keep turning . . .

Glenn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got back from several days in New Mexico. Wanting to pack light, I left my Leicas home and took along a compact digicam for color and a G3 for B&W. Just processed the film last night (Ilford FP4+) and the results are superb. A great lens and a small, compact sturdy camera.

Jim Bielecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, I bought one a few months ago off of rangefinderforum. It's a delight - why can't loading my Leica be this easy? For some reason I've currently got Provia inside, but I usually just load up Tri-X or FP4 and sunny-16 it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought one not long ago and have just run a roll of tri-x thru it. Amazingly good! These '70's and '80's Japanese rangefinders are the bargain of the century. Most of the ones that I have bought recently have dead meters but that is no problem due to their manual overides. I have Konicas, Minoltas, Yashicas, Olympus and now the Canon and they all take really sharp pictures and are fun to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What every Canonet lover needs is a Bell&Howell Canonet 19 - now there is a camera!
    Seriously, its a neat camera with a good lens and a light meter and its totally battery free. The meter is sort of decorative... but its the thought that counts

Jokes aside, the QL17 GIII is a better camera in every way, but the 19 is just such a neat old thing we fell in love with it...

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They have a major problem with this camera in that the shutter blades tend to get gummed up and stop working.

Another nice rangefinder is the Minolta Hi-Matic 7s which can be operated manually or automatically. The meter still works in manual mode although it gives EV values rather than f stops. 45mm/1.8 lens (f1.8 to f22), shutter 1/4 to 1/500 +B, parallax correcting viewfinder, hot shoe, film loaded indicator, CLC exposure system same as SRT-101. Picked one up last week in mint condition for $10 at a flea market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin