Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,272   Online: 835

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    They have a major problem with this camera in that the shutter blades tend to get gummed up and stop working.
    Easily fixed by rinsing with lighter fluid or something similar, provided you can remove the lens elements first. Sometimes that part is far from simple.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got mine in the mail today. Kinda sad 'cause the diaphragm blades are sticky and I need to take it to be repaired instead of shooting it away all weekend.

Was so eager to get it on my hand
    Sandra

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP
    Easily fixed by rinsing with lighter fluid or something similar, provided you can remove the lens elements first. Sometimes that part is far from simple.
    Hey, if I can do it, anybody can. Just do things slowly and don't force anything. Just a little Ronsonol on a Q-tip on the shutter blades did the trick!

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for the suport
    i just don't feel at ease enough, yet, to perform open heart surgery on my beloved ones
    just left it at the surgean and am hoping on a not expensive operation and having it on my loving hands by the end of next week *sigh*
    Sandra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got two, a beater I got off eBay and the mint example the seller gave be as an apology for taking 3 months to ship the one I actually bought.

I mostly use the mint example (The beater won't hold a lenscap due to filter ring damage and thus eats batteries).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mawz
    I mostly use the mint example (The beater won't hold a lenscap due to filter ring damage and thus eats batteries).
    When you're not using it, you can just switch the aperture ring off the A setting to save the batteries. I found that one out the hard way

A QL-17 was my intro to rangefinders, a decidedly better way to shoot 35mm for me. I've mostly used a handheld meter, so I've sidestepped the film speed problem. The lens is indeed very good, but I think it's sometimes given more credit than it deserves. I can definitely see a difference when compared to my CV Ultron 35/1.7 for example. All in all though, the camera is very worthwhile and fun!
    www.cjphillipsphoto.com

"Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If something goes wrong, walk over to the local Goodwill and buy another.

It's a great little camera and can usually be had (sometimes TWO can be had) for less than the price of a typical Leica lens cap

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The photos I posted on the apug convention gallery were all shot with the Canonet G III 17....all hand held and no meter use, see the photo "Fine Wine" it is taken in Bob Carne's Gallery Room of the Elevator Gallery using the room lights and the shots of Les doing his workshop in the darkroom...shot wide open 1/30 hand held...I really like this little camera. It goes with me on the car seat....film was Ilforn XP-2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin