Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,328   Online: 1146

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use both R2A and R3A with different Leica M lenses for street photography.
    Use the R3A for Voigtlander 40mm and Leica 75mm, and R2a for Leica 35 and 50mm.
    As long as they last (physically) they are very good, and they are very nice to use. Have had problems with the rewinding handle of the 3A. Had to change the handle with its internal spring machanism.
    Metering is better / easier than M7 at a fraction of the cost.
    The (optional) manual rapid winder is very good.
    Shutter is louder than the Leicas, so where sound is important I move in with the M6.
    You still need the M6 for 28mm.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have an R3A and a 40mm Rokkor. It is a nice combination but I wish that I could see more of the area around the 40mm frames. It is a bit tight and I don't wear glasses. I would consider an R2A if you can see more around the 35mm framelines.
    Thanks and God Bless,
    Chuck A
    http://www.pbase.com/candrask

"The photograph isolates and perpetuates a moment of time: an important and revealing moment, or an unimportant and meaningless one, depending upon the photographer's understanding of his subject and mastery of his process." -Edward Weston

When asked how he felt about missing photographs while he reloaded his camera with film, he replied, "There are no photographs while I'm reloading." -Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Large Format

Go for the R3A with the 40 mm lens

Go for the R3A and the 40 f1.4 beautiful camera and beautiful lens. The lens is also quite tiny though a smidge larger than the Leica 40 f2 which I also have. I have not noticed any issues with the Bokeh of the Nokton vs the Leica/Rokkor lens.

If you use the right eye, the fact that you can keep both eyes open is very nice. The frame lines float in front of you. They are a little tight on the 40 mm lens but not objectionably so.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin