Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,349   Online: 1018

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for a small sharp 35m P+S to use with 3200/6400 film

Actually 3200 pushed to 6400. Not that 6400 is exactly sharp, but I would like to have the sharpness if I want to shoot slide film.

Sorry to ask, but i am having problems, finding a comparison of cameras with iso specs of 3200/6400.

Looking for a small sharp pocketable P+S to use exclusively with 3200/6400 film.

I guess a wide to normal zoom lens would be okay.

I have previously used a Contax tvs II and really liked it, so that may be the ticket, although it maxes out at iso 5000. Thats probably enough though, but the top speed of the II is 1/700 and the III is 1/1000 which is a little slow, so I would have to use a ND filter which I would rather not do.

Thats on the high priced side.

Is there a sharpish P+S that is amost on the disposable side and cheap. This camera will probably take a beating so i am thinking I might like to have a couple as backups.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you need that much speed, wouldn't you be better off with a prime lens - f:2 or better? I don't know of any P&S cameras with fast lenses, though - my own choice would be a Bessa-L with a fast lens, guess focusing, and maybe guess exposure. Fastest shutter speed on the Bessa-L is 1/2000s, highest ISO setting 1600. Measure at 1600, stop down 2 stops and you're set for ISO 6400.
    While there's any left, the Bessa-L is the cheapest modern Leica screwmount camera available.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica Minilux with a 2.4 lens - dead sharp, great lens, camera with titanium body.

Ansgar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ah, sorry....minilux not really on the cheap end, although it will prob take the beating you have in mind....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    If you need that much speed, wouldn't you be better off with a prime lens - f:2 or better? I don't know of any P&S cameras with fast lenses, though - my own choice would be a Bessa-L with a fast lens, guess focusing, and maybe guess exposure. Fastest shutter speed on the Bessa-L is 1/2000s, highest ISO setting 1600. Measure at 1600, stop down 2 stops and you're set for ISO 6400.
    While there's any left, the Bessa-L is the cheapest modern Leica screwmount camera available.
    In this particular situation, I am not really looking for speed as much as I am golf ball size grain. I recently shot some Delta 3200 and its perfect for the effects i want.

I do have a QL17 and i really like it a lot but it is somewhat limited.

Also i think I want more of an AF snapshot camera. I did try a Yashica T5 not too long ago. It is pretty neat and had iso 3200 but it was almost too automatic for me. I could never tell what the heck I was shooting at. I definately want aperture control.

Maybe a minolta freedom zoom of some sort, or a pentax or nikon P+S.

There are just so many P+S cameras out there, its tough to compare specs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you thought about the fuji natura? I think it's a 28mm 1.9 for the fixed lens and can go to 3200 via dx coding.

allan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin