Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,469   Online: 909

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Canonet QL17 Manual - anyone need one?

Hi all,

I just scanned my QL17 manual for another member here on APUG, and I thought:"hey, since I have it scanned in, lets see if anyone needs before I delete it", so, if anyone wants it - pm with your e-mail addy and I will gladly send it your way. One thing - I don't have acrobat, so I just kept the scans as jpegs.

Peter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, man. Got it and everything's great.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My pleasure - after all the help and support I got from APUG'ers, any help is a sheer pleasure to contribute. Anytime!

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've joined the pages together into a single (large) .pdf file, PM me if you'd prefer that packaging.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Peter

Thanks a lot.

:-)
    Sudeep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if a pooling of resources would be feasible - a sort of APUG obscure manual data base. And lets face it.. they're are all getting to be obscure. I know there are sights that attempt this - but most of them are brand specific or incomplete, or ask an arm and a leg. I don't know the technical ramifications of such an undertaing - but between the 11K+ members, there has to be just about ever users amnual ever attached to a film camera in the posession of one APUG'er or another!
    Of course, I have to stress this point - this maybe be an undertaking that would put unreasonable stress on Sean and the technical sides of this site. I certainly do not have nearly the computer/web savvy to spearhead the project, so I am just throwing out an idea. I think it would be a wonderful resource if it could be made to happen.

Peter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    I wonder if a pooling of resources would be feasible - a sort of APUG obscure manual data base.
    The minimal technical requirement would be adding a files download area that also accepts uploads. This might also increase site bandwidth requirements, particularly if the manuals are direct scans rather than transcriptions. There might also be, for lack of a better term, editorial requirements -- approving uploads (if desired), deciding what's a duplicate, organizing the download area, etc. If I were running the site, I might be concerned about copyright issues -- technically, distributing manuals in this way would constitute copyright violation. That said, I know of sites that do this, and I doubt if reasonable camera manufacturers would mind -- but some bureaucratic lawyer at a camera manufacturer might think otherwise and cause problems.

Another approach that would be simpler and less legally risky might be to add a section with links to other sites with manuals. As you say, most such sites are brand-specific (indeed, some are at the camera manufacturers' own sites), so it would be fairly easy to organize it by brand. The main drawback to this is that these sites' URLs can easily change, so it'd require frequent checks and updates to keep the links current. There'd also be no way for an individual to upload a manual that's not covered in the existing links. In principle, that person could put together his or her own site and then add it to the APUG database, but that's more hassle than just uploading a PDF (or whatever).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    I wonder if a pooling of resources would be feasible - a sort of APUG obscure manual data base. And lets face it.. they're are all getting to be obscure. I know there are sights that attempt this - but most of them are brand specific or incomplete, or ask an arm and a leg. I don't know the technical ramifications of such an undertaing - but between the 11K+ members, there has to be just about ever users amnual ever attached to a film camera in the posession of one APUG'er or another!
    Of course, I have to stress this point - this maybe be an undertaking that would put unreasonable stress on Sean and the technical sides of this site. I certainly do not have nearly the computer/web savvy to spearhead the project, so I am just throwing out an idea. I think it would be a wonderful resource if it could be made to happen.

Peter.
    Or even a collection of links to existing sources. Christian Rollinger has a helpful collection of Canon manual focus SLR docs at http://www.canonfd.com/choose.htm
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Exactly the kind of thing I was suspecting - but I thought I would toss the idea out there. Then again, if it ain't broke... I mean, people ask for manuals, and usually, someone either has one or knows were one is located.
    Glad thses QL17 manuals are going like hot cakes - I expect a lot of QL17 shots in the galleries now that every one "knows how to use" their !

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Can anyone send me this manual? I have manual for GIII version only, but I need non-GIII.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin