Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,255   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Medium Format

Service on Fuji 645

During the temperate season I usually do quite a bit of mountain biking and realized that my Bronica SQA and Mamiya c330 were a little large to carry around the back trails of Texas so I found a Fuji GA645 that is in good working condition. There have been about 300 rolls of 120 run through it and it hasn't been serviced. Thought it might be time, but need your input for a good place to have it done.

Thanks

mckenna

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nippon Camera Service in New York is very good with modern Japanese cameras. I'm sure, though, that Fuji has a list of authorized service locations on their website.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks David;

Fuji web site lists a number of authorized service centers but none of them list service for GA series.

Thanks

mckenna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had Camera Wiz do some Fuji work over the years and was always pleased with the results. A web search should turn up contact info. Very fair pricing, too.
    Craig Schroeder

PRB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I had my GS645 cla'd and the film advance mechanism rebuilt by Dave at Advance Camera in Portland OR - 503-292-6996. They do greeat work in this shop.

Good Luck,
    Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CameraWiz in Virginia is definitely the place to go for Fuji rangefinders. Especially GS645 folders.

They serviced my shutter about 1.5 years ago and did a great job.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unless it breaks, don't fix it. A GA645 does not have a set service interval. Fuji in New Jersey will even tell you that. And 4,500 exposures on one of these is nothing. I've seen examples of the zoom model with over 15,000 clicks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mckenna
    During the temperate season I usually do quite a bit of mountain biking and realized that my Bronica SQA and Mamiya c330 were a little large to carry around the back trails of Texas so I found a Fuji GA645 that is in good working condition. There have been about 300 rolls of 120 run through it and it hasn't been serviced. Thought it might be time, but need your input for a good place to have it done.

Thanks

mckenna

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin