Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,762   Online: 858

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    I use SR44 Silver Oxide batteries in my Voigtlander R3A. The voltage of the SR44 is 1.55Volts.

My R3A was shipped to me with a SR44 battery included
    Mine were L44 I think. We tried the SR44s but they didn't work. Must have been bad. At any rate, the single 3v battery worked as well.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Whence llast I handled a Leica they were not supplying pacifiers with a red dot. Is it possible to send one back to Leica for a retrofit?
    No. That would open a door to abuse by all these proletarian second hand users, which are ruining Leicas business, as the CEO claimed himself last year.

But it comes for free with every customized new M model, will have the same snakeskin as the camera has, a red dot on the upper part and with gilden letters on the lower part: ZEISS IST SCHEISS !

Best as always,
    Bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm
    Nein, Nein Zeiss ist nicht scheiss, Du bist krank mit der Leicakrankheit. Ach, Gott im himmel, du bist einen arshsluck und hosenscheisser.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Kent,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We were away in Portugal and when we came back this thread had disappeared from the 'New Posts' which are all I normally look at. Then it came back...

The R2M/R3M are indeed 'limited edition' but I don't think it's very limited; if I recall correctly, 1000 of each, in each finish (black and silver), so that's 4000 cameras, though it's also possible to read some of the press releases as 1000 in all, i.e. 250 of each.

Last time I heard there were 'no plans' to sell the collapsible f/2 separately, which is usually marketing speak for 'we will if enough people want them'.

Perhaps the best summary came from Damien Demolder in Amateur Photographer of (I think) 12 August. He said, in effect, that if the R2A/R3A, ZI and M7 all came from the same manufacturer, at their current prices, these prices would still fairly reflect the features, finish and quality of the cameras.

I don't agree completely -- I'd say that if the M7 is 'worth' £2000 and the ZI is 'worth' £1000, then the Voigtlander is 'worth' rather more than the under-£400 price tag in the UK -- but his view corresponds very closely to mine that roughly doubling the prices is a good guide, i.e. the ZI is about half as good as an MP (wouldn't touch an M7, because of the wrong-way shutter speed dial) and about twice as good as a Voigtlander.

There's also the question of diminishing returns, though. The Voigtlanders are still excellent cameras that I would have no hesitation about using professionally, except perhaps with very fast lenses, close up, at full aperture -- that's an awful short RF base.

I'd go for the R2M/R3M rather than the R2A/R3A but then I vastly prefer mechanical shutters.

Finally, Frances and I always use SR44s in our Voigtlanders and the MP. I had to buy LR44s once when the SR44s ran out and the life was indeed miserably short.

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com -- there's a review of the ZI on the site but it's not in the free section)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Nein, Nein Zeiss ist nicht scheiss, Du bist krank mit der Leicakrankheit. Ach, Gott im himmel, du bist einen arshsluck und hosenscheisser.
    You call me an asshole and a shit-in-the-pants ?? Shall your embarrassing stammering really mean THAT? I cannot afford to answer on this level, but it was interesting to see how your dark room looks inside.
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm
    This of course was meant only as kidding around. It should be apparent from my post that I am not fluent in German..In fact my fluency in English is much in doubt.

My darkroom could certainly do with a good cleaning though.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin