Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,801   Online: 764

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

m3 double expose or protected ?

i went to make a double exposure with my leica m3, and realized that i didn't know how to cock the shutter without advancing the film ... is is possible ?

thanks!
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think there is a special button or something that is provided for that kind of operation. You can always try to turn the film rewind lever and then cock the shutter and see what happens... I have never tried it, so I cannot guarantee the results...

Images
    First turn the rewind knob until the film is under tension so it won't move, then turn your Rewind Lever to disengage the toothed transport wheels, and then slowly cock the shutter. It (usually) worked on my push-button rewind M2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    I don't think there is a special button or something that is provided for that kind of operation. You can always try to turn the film rewind lever and then cock the shutter and see what happens... I have never tried it, so I cannot guarantee the results...
    I agree. But ever since the shutter got broken (not from what you're trying to attempt to do, though) on my M3 and had to get fixed, I don't do too crazy stuff with it. But at that time, I was getting double exposures on some shots because it didn't advance the film properly.

So, whatever you do, just be careful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    thanks for your suggestions!
    i at first clicked the rewind lever and when i heard resistance
    i aborted the task at hand.
    i guess i can always make a negative-sandwich

thanks again
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin