Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,971   Online: 954

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    My personal solution to this problem is a 2.25 x 3.25 Crown Graphic (with coupled rangefinder). I have several super sharp lenses for it which include a 150mm f9 Docter Optics Apo Germinar and a 110mm Schneider Super Symmar XL

Of course, both of these lenses also work well on my 8.9 lb Wehman 8x10 Field Camera (with 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 backs).
    Had a couple and never really liked them for some reason although I love the 4x5 super graphic. Also I am after sharper lenses, basically in the digitar range.

I will probably end up modifying a RB/RZ67 to take digitar lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm also a sharp lens freak - that's why I have the Docter Optics lenses, Schneider SSXls, etc. Film flatness is usually the limiting factor. BTW, I have a Pentacon 6TL with an optical glass platen (multicoated) installed at the film plane. with the Docter Optics lenses mounted on the belows the image sharpness is fantastic.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My original plan was to modify a RB or an RZ, vacuum back, digitar lens and modify the front standard for tilt and rise etc. I am after a slr tilt camera and am still considering a fuji GX680 although I am not big on the weight of that camera.

In the mean time I got sidetracked by the purchase of a mint rollei sl66 from adorama, but it was so poorly packed it was trashed when it got here.

Jammed, stripped focus gears and the frame is probably bent. A shame really I called and told them the person that packed it should be shot. i am returning it, unfortunately, because it really is like new.

Back to the drawing board.

Shooter
    35mm

try them all out

note that the CLE has an addl frameline over the CL versions, but has a shorter baselength and lower magnification than the M's and Bessas. Also, if you plan on not using external viewfinders, you'll have to carefully choose a body with viewfinder to handle all those sizes at a magnification factor you can live with.

Also, take a look at the Hexar RF, but realize that support is much more limited than current production or even old M4's.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Ammons
    I am really leaning towards a Minolta CLE, but I could also use a
    Leica CL, M6/7 (too much $ for me), Bessa R2A/3A, or the Ikon.

I plan on eventually buying the 90, 50, 35 and 25mm lenses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin