Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,685   Online: 795

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for a sharp 28mm P+S

I have been using a Hexar AF with 35mm lens and really like it. Very sharp and very handy but I find myself wanting something a bit wider.

I am thinking the Ricoh GR1 might be the way to go, but I do want AP priority as well as program.

I have been using bluefire film and really like it. It is easily out resolving my 5400II scanner with the hexar and with that I am getting around 80lp/mm out of it, so I want a camera that can at least match that.

I guess I could also go for a Contax G2 and 28mm lens.

Any other suggestions ??

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A very similar question is at http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=nikonos. Have fun reading.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would guess that a Contax G2 with 28mm Biogon would be very satisfactory. Nikon made, or still makes that high quality small point and shoot that could be had with either a 28mm or 35mm lens. Very compact..might be hard to find one.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Ammons
    I am thinking the Ricoh GR1 might be the way to go, but I do want AP priority as well as program.
    The GR1 has aperture priority. The GR1 / GR1s is a smashing piece of kit.

regards
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgot about the tc-1. Thanks.

I would really like a faster camera, but that is definately one I will consider.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin