Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,530   Online: 1050

Shooter
    35mm

Zorki 4 learning curve!

Hi all. Where can I find/buy a repair/workshop manual for the Zorki 4? Even a combined 3/3M/4/4K would be welcome. Is there such a beast out there. Will it be in English per chance as my Russky is limited to 'Double Vodka' and 'Your round.' Will it explain the mysterious workings of the slow speed mechanism and where those four little brass bushes come from? And: Will I ever learn to stop taking things apart! No! Becase that's how I learn.

Take care everyone.

B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi B

Rick Oleson has one online, and it's in English! It has what you're looking for, as well as the schematic for the slow speed mechanism.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Jay. Yeah, been on Rick's site many times, great info only looking for a little more in the way of detail as there seems to be quite a few variations (cost cutting perhaps) over the years so trying to identify years and what parts were affected. Thanks for the reply though and my apologies for the late contact only I've had a few problems connecting to APUG over the last few days; not sure why; I click on the icon and then nothing until a timed out operation notice?

Take care.
    B.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have no pointers to precisely the information you want, but if you don't find what you're looking for here, you could try the Zenit Camera group on Yahoo, which is devoted to Zenits, Zorkis, FEDs, and other Russian and FSU cameras. I also recall seeing people selling CD-ROMs with information on these cameras on eBay. I don't know if the sort of repair information you want is included in any of these, but it might be worth digging around there to see if you can turn anything up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin