Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,385   Online: 779

Images

How is the Bessa R3A viewfinder for eyeglasses wearer?

Can you see the 50mm lines? How about the 40mm lines? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 75 and 90 lines are sharp and clear. :-)

I can see 2 of the 4 lines at 40 very easily. If I tilt my head just slightly I can see the other two. I can see all sides sometimes, but it isn't automatic. I can see the top 3 at 50mm all of the time. But not the bottom line for some reason.

Actually, the big problem with me is that I use the meter, which means that I have to close my left eye and look down a little anyway. Also, I find it hard to focus with both eyes open. The meter is also hard to see in very bright light.

I really like this camera even with the glasses issue. The color heliar 75 and the nokton 40 I have a great. I wish that it could do double exposure just because I fire a blank frame every once in a while by accident!

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    35mm
    I wear glasses and I can see the 50mm framelines without a problem. There isn't a bottom frameline for the 50, by the way, just two bottom "corners."

The 40mm framelines are much closer to the edge of the viewfinder, but I got over my initial frustration about that.

I find that if I look straight ahead at the focus patch and don't try to hunt around looking for the framelines, I can see them.

Also, I use the AE most of the time, so seeing the meter reading for every shot is not so critical to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually remove my glasses when using the R3A. Yesterday, though, I forgot to leave my glasses in my car, so I was stuck with them. I found that I could fairly easily see the 50mm framelines, however, I had to hunt for the shutter-speed readout. I seriously doubt that one could see the 40mm framelines with glasses.

I'm fortunate, though, in that my eyeglass prescription is pretty weak, so I tend to shoot without my glasses on. Right now I'm hunting for a diopter for my R3A.

It may be a bit of a PITA for the moment, but seriously, that 1:1 VF is the sweetest thing I've ever used and it's all worth it.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Only the 40mm frame-lines are a problem, even when I take my glasses off.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin