Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,686   Online: 801

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Loading the Zorki 1

Ok, I'm an engineer. I admit it.

Now I'll admit, I can't figure out how to load a Zorki 1 I just received. It certainly isn't like my Zorki 4 that's fer sure.

Any ideas?

And how do you take off an Indistar-22 lens if I choose to put the Jupiter 8 on it?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It takes a long leader to load properly, and you have to cut it yourself. Try this link

http://www.fedka.com//Useful_info/leicaload.jpg

Let me know if that helps or not.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm at work so I can't check mine, but if I remember correctly, you turn the lens focus knob around until it hits the stop, then gently continue to turn it and the entire lens assembly should screw out and then you can put the other lens on.

P.S. Here is a good link to a 'manual' of sorts. It was written by the user rather than translated, but it should help you out.

http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/ma...ed1zorki1.html

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    I'm at work so I can't check mine, but if I remember correctly, you turn the lens focus knob around until it hits the stop, then gently continue to turn it and the entire lens assembly should screw out and then you can put the other lens on.

P.S. Here is a good link to a 'manual' of sorts. It was written by the user rather than translated, but it should help you out.

http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/ma...ed1zorki1.html

- Randy
    That lens answer worked out. Thank you. The film spool seems to be stuck in there pretty well. At least I know I can't break it. Right? *L*

tim in san jose

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had one that would not come out, but I was able to keep turning it until the entire assembly came out. I then separated the take-up spool from the spindle and screwed the spindle back in. These can be quite rough stright from the FSU. Oh! DO NOT smell the case until it has had at least two weeks to air out. FUNKY!. Let me know if I can help you with the spool problem further. I can email you photos of the assembly so you can get a better idea of what you're up against.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Ok, I'm an engineer. I admit it.

Now I'll admit, I can't figure out how to load a Zorki 1 I just received. It certainly isn't like my Zorki 4 that's fer sure.

Any ideas?

And how do you take off an Indistar-22 lens if I choose to put the Jupiter 8 on it?

tim in san jose
    Tim:

For loading the Zorki-1, see

http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page345.htm

it's just like loading any bottom-loader Leica or Canon.

When taking of the lens from a Zorki-1 or any FSU LTM RF like the FED or any later Zorki, make sure that you set the lens first to minimum focus before unscrewing the mount. This is to prevent the (adjustable!) rf sensor from getting upset from undue force or movement.

That site should help you with Zorki-1 questions, including testing and calibrating the camera's focus accuracy. This is serious issue with many Zorki and FED cameras.

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ZorkiKat
    Tim:

For loading the Zorki-1, see

http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page345.htm

it's just like loading any bottom-loader Leica or Canon.

When taking of the lens from a Zorki-1 or any FSU LTM RF like the FED or any later Zorki, make sure that you set the lens first to minimum focus before unscrewing the mount. This is to prevent the (adjustable!) rf sensor from getting upset from undue force or movement.

That site should help you with Zorki-1 questions, including testing and calibrating the camera's focus accuracy. This is serious issue with many Zorki and FED cameras.

Jay

Much thanks to all with all the links and advice. It became clear as I took the spindle out gently with a pair of pliers. I'll figure out how to loosen it just a bit (we don't want it spinning while advancing the film, now do we.

It's a very nice camera. I am going to run some APX100 through it this weekend and see how sharp that puppy is. I will probalby try the Jupiter 8 on it also to see what the difference is.

Thanks again all.

tim in san jose

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin