Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,244   Online: 937

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    I've read that this 26 tpi pitch is "inherited" from a common microscope thread pitch before metric was fully adopted. Not sure if that's urban legend or not.

I't's also standard British bicycle pitch. Although I expect they are all metric now!

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith
    Although I expect they are all metric now!
    Steve.
    Dear Steve,

I'd be surprised. Once adopted, threads are amazingly persistent, for obvious reasons. Spares are made with the same thread as the original, so new originals are made to match available spares, so...

Cheers,

R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    Haris,
    I'm not sure about what you mean by "L" mount lenses. If you mean lenses for the Bessa L camera, they are Leica Thread Mount. The Bessa "SL" lenses are for the SLR cameras and I don't think that there is an adapter for them.
    What I mean by L mount lenses is next: This is copy from Voigtlaender web site, precisely from:

http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigt...san6m4dw7.html

And this is it (copy for 50mm Color Skopar lens):

Focal Length 50mm
    Aperture Ratio 1 : 2,5
    Smallest Aperture 22
    Lens Construction 6 groups / 7 elements
    Picture Angle 46 degree
    Aperture Blades 10
    Nearest Distance 0,75 m
    Diameter 49,6 mm
    Length 33,6 mm
    Weight 208 g
    Filter Size 39 mm
    Mount L-Mount
    Rangefinder Coupling infinity - 0,75 m (depends on camera body used)

I bold part which write about L mount lenses. And that is part which confuses me.

Thanks for answers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage
    Haris,

If I'm not mistaken the Voigtlander L mount is the standard Leica screwmount thread and all you need is a regular Leica thread to M bayonet mount adapter such as: http://www.adorama.com/VTAM50.html. I hope this helps.

Richard Wasserman
    Richard, thank you, I thought the same, but I have no experience with Voigtlaender and wanted to check before buying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And while I am on this issue, on Voigtlaender web site it written that adapter ring is for 35 / 135mm, 50 / 75mm, 28 / 90mm lenses. Can I use wider (25mm or 21mm) lenses with it. I seriously think about 25mm lens.

Thank you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Haris !
    If my memory serves me right, there is one adapter specifically designed to fit 21 to 28 mm lenses. So there are 4 of them. I think the difference is in the rangefinder coupling amplitude.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Georges, thank you, I initially tought there is one adapder for all 6 lenses, and only when saw your post I saw there is one adapter per combination of lenses, so there are three (four if you are right about 21 to 28 lenses).

Thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The only difference between L39 to Leica M adapters is the way in which they make frames pop up in a Leica M viewfinder. If like me you have a Voigtländer T camera, you can use any adapter with any lens. I know the earlier Voigtländer R series cameras had manually-selected viewfinder frames, maybe they all do - if so, any adapter will do. The choice of adapter has no effect on rangefinder operation.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks David, I will get Bessa R2A (or R3A) and as I can see viewfinder frames are manually selected.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Haris,
    The "L" mount is what Cosina ( Voigtlander) is calling their lenses with the Leica Thread Mount.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin