Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,959   Posts: 1,632,329   Online: 861

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    Haris,
    The "L" mount is what Cosina ( Voigtlander) is calling their lenses with the Leica Thread Mount.
    Thank you, it is clear to me now. L mount is in fact M39 thread mount.

Thank you all for help.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    Haris,
    I'm not sure about what you mean by "L" mount lenses. If you mean lenses for the Bessa L camera, they are Leica Thread Mount. The Bessa "SL" lenses are for the SLR cameras and I don't think that there is an adapter for them.
    Interestingly enough, there is an adapter for mounting Nikon mount lens on Leica thread mount bodies, and with the M mount adapter will also fit on M mount bodies. Gandy carries the F-L adapter for this purpose (Its made by Voigtlander (Cosina). When I got the 12mm heliar, I got it in the Nikon mount, and with the adapters, fits my R2. Nothing like the solid feel of a Nikon F with this lens. (Kinda strange, using a SLR as a rangefinder body, since the lens isn't coupled for focusing doesn't matter whether using it with rangefinder body or not, and with its depth of field, doesn't matter much anyways.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pnance
    Interestingly enough, there is an adapter for mounting Nikon mount lens on Leica thread mount bodies, and with the M mount adapter will also fit on M mount bodies. Gandy carries the F-L adapter for this purpose (Its made by Voigtlander (Cosina). When I got the 12mm heliar, I got it in the Nikon mount, and with the adapters, fits my R2. Nothing like the solid feel of a Nikon F with this lens. (Kinda strange, using a SLR as a rangefinder body, since the lens isn't coupled for focusing doesn't matter whether using it with rangefinder body or not, and with its depth of field, doesn't matter much anyways.
    In fact there are adapters to fit almost any kind of SLR lens (with an aperture control - not sure about Canon EOS) to Leica thread mount. I got mine from SRB-Griturn (www.srbfilm.co.uk), it is for M42 lenses (Pentax screw thread, etc.). There is no rangefinder coupling but this was not a problem for the 28 and 35 mm lenses I was using.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for help. I just ordered Bessa R2A grey colour camera and one lens, and I would like if you can tell me about lens. Lens is:

Maker: Voigtländer f. M-mount
    Type: 35mm/2,5 Color Skopar P-II
    Condition: A
    Prod. Year: 2005

new black pancake lens, complete with caps, papers in maker´s box

So, what I would like tp know if you can tell me, what is difference between pancake and non pancake lens.

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, I am sorry, I found on Stephen Gandy web site informations about 35mm pancake lens, no need for informations anymore.

I am sorry again and thank you all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin