Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,475   Online: 896

Shooter
    Multi Format

flash for zorki 4 ?

[FONT=Courier New]Hello,

I am a beginner and the first camera I purchased for myself , was a zorki 4. So far I love it ( I do admit Im still learning ...this certainly isnt a point and shoot / automatic I am used to using) Anyway, i would like to get a flash....I was thinking of a holgon multi flash ..or maybe a holgon ring flash, ( to use with my holga) and wanted to try it with my zorki. ..although I am not sure if that would fit the jupiter-8 50 mm lens...or zorki hotshoe *thing* .

Can anyone suggest a flash to use with my zorki ??

thanks !![/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zork
    [FONT=Courier New]Hello,

I am a beginner and the first camera I purchased for myself , was a zorki 4. So far I love it ( I do admit Im still learning ...this certainly isnt a point and shoot / automatic I am used to using) Anyway, i would like to get a flash....I was thinking of a holgon multi flash ..or maybe a holgon ring flash, ( to use with my holga) and wanted to try it with my zorki. ..although I am not sure if that would fit the jupiter-8 50 mm lens...or zorki hotshoe *thing* .

Can anyone suggest a flash to use with my zorki ??

thanks !![/FONT]
    what would u use a ring flash for? some vivitars are goos, and so are the metz ones
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any flash that has a PC socket on it will work. The flash shoe isn't a hot shoe (that controls the flash), it's a cold shoe (that doesn't control it). There is a PC socket on the front of the camera. You can also buy an adapter that will plug into the PC socket and sit in the cold shoe, creating a hot shoe. I have one of these that I put on a flash bracket and I mount the flash to the adapter on the bracket.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just about any flash will do. The shutter synchs at 1/30th.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thank you , everyone .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zork
    thank you , everyone .

Git yerself an angle bracket with a cold shoe on top. run the little pc wire from the fitting on the Zorki to the flash. Your flash photography will get much better and you can mount that bracket on almost any camera you will ever own.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin