Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,622   Online: 1213

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

My Brick leaks. (three images)

Edit: Hosting went down for a bit, so added them as an attachment.

But can you tell me from WHERE? I'm puzzled. It may be something else, too, but I have no clue what.

And for the uninitiated, the "Brick" I'm referring to is an Argus C3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brick01.jpg   brick02.jpg   brick03.jpg  
    Last edited by Stephanie Brim; 08-25-2006 at 04:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think it's a leak. It looks like the film got bent and created a "crescent moon".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's the same place on every single frame, though...bending the film the same place on every frame is kind of unlikely, isn't it?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Edit: It seems like the most likely explanation, though. I'm going to have to test another roll of film to see. I'll have to do it tomorrow, though, since we ran out of daylight about four hours ago.
    Last edited by Stephanie Brim; 08-25-2006 at 12:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stephanie,

It get progressively worse with each shot.

Does your "brick" have a dual shutter and is one tearing?

Maybe you should go back to RFF? I'm sure they miss you there and probably have a greater expertise in this gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No, staying here. I end up missing this place more.

And it *is* a light leak. I think I found the problem. Going to take it with me on a walk this morning and test out my theory. The thing is...it's going to suck to have to retape the thing every time I go out with it...

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never seen a brick leak before. Where do you think it is coming in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Most likely where the door shuts in the back somewhere. I noticed that what light sealing it has is starting to go...so until I get that replaced it'll be a tape-up-all-exposed-corners kind of thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, don't feel bad! Watch cinematographers take those beautiful, brand new Arriflex and Panavision motion picture cameras and slather their magazines on all seams with camera tape. They know what is important, the film and the images inside. Tape it up and be happy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Stephanie.
    You can peel the felt from film cassette ends and use that to cure your light leak until you invest in one of John Goodman's light seal kits.

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin