Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,667   Online: 1138

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yippie I am the first

Any Kiev III owners out there?

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Bill,

Nope, 4A here and loving it more everyday!
    Beautiful little (not the III) cameras.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also have a 4A with an F2 sonnar attached. Had a Contax 111 and a 11A but they both died (shutters) and the Kiev survives..... go figure!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, a 4a and a III, a helios 103 and jupiter 12.

I found them in my bag when I got home from a trip to Prague... long ago.
    I have no recollection how they got there.

Anyhow, the III needs rebuilding, but the 4 is fine, and after a short probation period, became my 'bicycling / kayaking' camera.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    35mm
    I recently acquired Kiev 4?? twins for REALLY low light shooting. (the one without a meter?) I'm enjoying the process of "getting to know them" I'm still in the testing phase. I had both CLA'd prior to delivery and they both work really well. I've never used a Contax before so I don't "know" what I'm missing. I like these cameras and think they'll last me my lifetime and beyond. Both of mine have the Helios 103.

I can't stand the smell of the camera cases so I'm probably going to throw them away. I don't want my cabinet to inherit that odour! I'm looking for cute vintage leather camera straps for them. Also, the lens hoods obstruct the view when framing. Other than that, I'm very pleased. I'm definitely pleased with the images!
    Last edited by SLOWiN'_DOWN; 08-26-2006 at 02:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a Kiev 4a with Helios-103 (53/1.8) and Jupiter-12 (35/2.8). What a nice camera compared to my Feds and Zorkis. It really is awkward to use (I'm still learning the Contax hold) but the build quality is shockingly nice. I put a roll of Pan-F Plus into it and I'm going to play today.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin