Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,571   Online: 1051

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hang around less and less on RFF and rangefinder ignorance is bliss on APUG. I think I overdosed on rangefinder small talk. Here's to hoping the RF forum here will maintain the overall high level of most of APUGs other forums.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format

Paul Sorenson's "Cheapie Rangefinder" forum suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    Anyone else think that some sort of "cheapie rangefinder" for Yashicas, fixed lens Canons, Minoltas, etc. would be a good idea? Certainly that is more what I am interested in.
    I 'sort of' like this idea. My first thought was how about a Leica rangefinder forum and then 'everything else' rangefinder, with the everything else picking up what paul suggests. But then I thought that maybe people using modern CV rangefinders would want to share a forum with the other users of the same lens mounts - but then what about Contax and Nikon bayonet RFs and lenses..?

So, _if_ a split is needed, how about a simple split into 'rangefinders - fixed lens' and 'rangefinders - interchangeable lens' ?

(With _maybe_ a need to say that we are talking about rangefinders that use film smaller than 120..?)

I think that is a 'natural' division, and fits the way people use the cameras - speaking as a user of both interchangeable and fixed lens RFs, I think of them differently and think that the questions they provoke are often different. Though there are still all the matters of technique rather than equipment that are more universal to the rangefinder world.

People will still argue about where the Contax G series belongs, never mind the X-Pan, anyway...

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sorry, old thread which no longer applies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin