Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,689   Posts: 1,482,372   Online: 774

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Feedback thread.

Now that the forums are split up, Sean and I are going to need your help deciding what forums we have, what forums we do away with, what forums we change, etc. If you have a suggestion for something, put it here. If you have a general complaint about something, put it here.

I've also just found that I can move threads and I'm trying to decide whether or not to move things to their appropriate forums or to just leave the old threads where they are. Comments on THAT would be appreciated as well.

Help me do well by you guys by giving me as much feedback as possible. It's greatly appreciated.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think it would be a good idea to sort out some of the existing threads and move them into the new forums just to get things going and to avoid redundant threads in the future. Go for it.

Should there be a forum for LF rangefinders (Graflex and other press cameras, Linhof, Littman and other Polaroid conversions)? We can discuss such things in the LF forum, of course, and maybe it's better there, but it's something to think about.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was just thinking about that.

I left it out because I figured that it could stay in the LF forum, but then it hit me that perhaps since everything else gets attention in the actual forum it would be a nice addition.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy! All that the new arrangement has done has been to increase the time it takes to find new posts. IMO the old way was better.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy! All that the new arrangement has done has been to increase the time it takes to find new posts. IMO the old way was better.
    Or do it the simple way, and click the "new posts since your last visit" in the top right corner... But that's probably too easy?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Should there be a forum for LF rangefinders (Graflex and other press cameras, Linhof, Littman and other Polaroid conversions)? We can discuss such things in the LF forum, of course, and maybe it's better there, but it's something to think about.

That would be a wide and varied group, but still only a limited subset.

There's a lot of difference between a 5x7" Technika and a Littmann, even if both are supposed to be made for hand held shooting with a rangefinder. And Speed Graphics have their own quite unique set of questions, as I'm just learning...

IMO a subgroup for "small LF" - 6x9, rollfilm etc with full movements - might be more useful. And then we wouldn't have to discuss whether they're LF or MF!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Or do it the simple way, and click the "new posts since your last visit" in the top right corner... But that's probably too easy?
    My bad, I found it after I posted and before I came back here. Arrgh!

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well...

If you're looking for Leica M, go to the Leica M forum. If you're looking for Russian/FSU rangefinders, go to the Russian forum. If you're looking for Canon rangefinders, go to the Canon forum. Etc. Everything that doesn't have a forum of its own still goes in the normal catch-all forum.

I'll be working on moving as much stuff as I can whenever I have time to the appropriate forums. I wish that this forum script had a way to do that with more than one at a time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone else think that some sort of "cheapie rangefinder" for Yashicas, fixed lens Canons, Minoltas, etc. would be a good idea? Certainly that is more what I am interested in.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    I wish that this forum script had a way to do that with more than one at a time.
    There might be some tricky way of doing it involving the moderation control panel, if Sean has given you access to that, but it doesn't seem to be built in. For instance, you can move threads in batches based on the date of last reply, origin date, number of responses, user name, title, and other parameters.

So maybe if wildcards are allowed in the title field (and I'm not sure that they are), you could add some marker to the title of each thread you want to move, then move them all that once, but I'm not sure that changing the title of a thread is necessarily easier than just moving the thread.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin