Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,696   Online: 1170

Thread: Vito series

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Vito series

Anyone else using them? I have a Vito CLR which gets regular use. Great camera, great lens, whisper quiet!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had one...but I either sold it or misplaced it and I haven't been able to get my mind off that fact since. I'm thinking of eventually picking up another one because it was a very good, quiet camera.

Does yours suffer from a very dim rangefinder spot? Mine did, but I did the tape over the spot trick and had no problems.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Stephanie. I don't have that particular problem with mine. It does have a problem in the viewfinder where it looks like there is a line across the vf. Makes no difference to the picture taking though.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a Vito CLR - great camera! Now I'm down to a Vitomatic 11b as far as old Voigtlanders go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Andy, I have both a Vito B and a CLR but never seem to get them out enough. The colour skopar has always been my favourite amongst the tessar style lenses.
    Voigtlander always got the quality right on their lenses, particularly on the skopar, with excellent sharpness and contrast.
    Tony

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's a Vito B in my "accumulation", but I haven't used it yet. The shutter is sluggish and needs a CLA first.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a Bito BL at a flea market in Toronta about 11 years ago. I paid about $20 for it. I just thought it would be fun to have. I shoot mainly LF and 120, but i like to take the Vito with me on vacations. I use it for snapshots. Its a beautiful little camera.
    Don Sigl
    www.drs-fineartphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a Vito B with the E.R.C. new in 1959 with the Voigtlander rangefinder I still have them , and forty seven years later they still in excellent condition, and I still enjoy using them, it makes me wonder how many of todays cameras will be doing this in the year 2053
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Vitomatic IIa and a Dynamatic II (has auto aperature -still working!) regularly. Very nice cameras and very well built. The Vito CLR is the top of the Vito C line and has nearly all the features of the Vitomatics, but mabye a bit more plastic parts. I've been a big fan of the Color Skopar lenses for a while -I also shoot a perkeo 6x6 rangefinder with color skopar.

cheers

Tim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin