Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,631   Online: 682

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bessa R3a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by f/1,4 View Post
    The A models have a lock on the shutter release.
    Nice feature since it prevents the battery from running out if you carry the camera in a tight bag with winder advanced so that a partly depressed release knob will leave the exopsure meter on all the time.
    Sounds like a nice feature for the M models as well, but for some reason it's not present on these. Strange...

To have the utmost "readiness" I carry the RxAs with the winder anvanced so that to shoot I just have to lift the camera to the eye and open the lock on its way up to the eye.
    Maybe that's why it isn't on the M models: readiness is "lower" anyway, because you have to dial in the correct exposure first. So, you might as well wait with film transport until you are about to take the next picture. Sounds more-or-less logical. Still, a shutter release lock would have been a nice extra.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So... although I'm happy with my "new" Rollei 35 SE for now, I'm still very much interested in getting a Bessa R3M. Any other experiences, good or bad, from anybody?

For example, how does it compare in size and weight with... let's say... a Canon EOS 33? Or... not really a fair comparision... a Rollei 35 SE? (Yes, it *will* be lighter than my Mamiya C3, no doubt... )

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    The Bessa R3A is not bad. I wish they had a chrome version, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin