Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,691   Online: 961

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bessa R3a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bessa R3a or R3m?

I'm contemplating buying an R3a or R3m. I'm leaning more to the R3m as it is all manual. Any recommendations as to which two lenses to buy with it? I have a budget of about £1000 (including buying the camera body). I like the look of the 40mm Nokton or maybe the 50mm Heliar f2 collapsible...
    Last edited by Andy K; 08-26-2006 at 04:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have 2 Bessa R3A cameras and I just bought a new Nokton. The R3A is a great camera---trouble free---but I prefer using a 50mm instead of a 40mm. The 40mm frame-lines are difficult to see. The R3M has interested me but I prefer an auto shutter to make quicker shots. However, a Leica makes a better fondling tool because they're heavier and cost more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both the R3a and an R3M. I like both cameras, but find that I prefer the finder and light meter on the R3M - also, I believe that the R3M shutter is a bit quieter than the R3a shutter.

I bought the R3M with the collapsible 50/2.0 Heliar - a very nice lens.

I also have 2 M3 Leicas (and they are great for admiring and fondling) but my current 35mm RF picture taking is with my Bessa T, my R3a and my R3M.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Heliar is a nice lens. If you go that route, you could also think about getting a 35mm Skopar or pancake. Another excellent, reasonably fast lens. If you throw caution to the wind, you could also forego the two lens thing and get a 35/1.2 Nokton. That thing shines.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like your already set on the CV, but before you pull the trigger on an all manual, you may want to consider the Canon P. Built like a Leica (M3) without the price tag. Framelines are 35 ,50, 100. Well within yur budget w/ a CLA and very nice lens. Here's a lnk:

http://www.cameraquest.com/canonp.htm

Canya tell I like mine?? Enjoy the shopping.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm, so you like your R3M better, eh? Let me think.... Yes! I have the room on muy CC. Shhh. Don't tell the wife.

This means I should sell off one of my other cameras. But which one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    R3M Special Kit (with Heliar 50mm f2 collapsible) in Piano Black,
    + 90mm Apo Lanthar (black),
    + screw to M adapter,
    + side grip,
    + Kenko rangefinder polariser kit,
    + camera case,

ordered last week. Should arrive tomorrow morning.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My R3M & Heliar kit arrived a couple weeks ago. I really like it quite a bit. It's an amazing combo. I've just run one roll of C41 color through it. The results are super. I think I'm going to love the Heliar. I've been pondering the 90 Lanthar as well. Please let me know how you like it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Haven't tried the R3M, but my R3A is an absolute delight. As I understand, the batteries will last a long time (can get them anywhere) and you also get the benefit of aperture priority and manual operation in one camera. I started with the 40/1.4 and now also have a 50/1.5 and the 21/4 (and the 90...). Apart from the fact that they are all very sharp, contrasty, etc, they each have their charms - I prefer the 40 to a 35 and the framelines are fine (just need to centre your eye), the 50 is superb and the 21 gives that extra-wide view without getting too wide. As Frank G said above, you do get the benefit of getting faster shots with the R3A. But then maybe I am a bit slow with a manual camera. Good luck with your choice.

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    R3M Special Kit (with Heliar 50mm f2 collapsible) in Piano Black,
    + 90mm Apo Lanthar (black),
    + screw to M adapter,
    + side grip,
    + Kenko rangefinder polariser kit,
    + camera case,

ordered last week. Should arrive tomorrow morning.
    Well, did it arrive yet? How is it????
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin