Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,440   Online: 947

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The C/V Bessa L, T, R2, and R3A bodies have cylindrical rebates in the top and bottom of the chamber that safely stop my 50mm Summitar before it goes deep enough to contact the shutters.

Lee

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I haven't had any problems with any of my collapsibles (I-22, I-50 or FED) on the Bessa-L. Except for the lack of a rangefinder, of course...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie,

Why not save your money for the M2 and a Canadian pre-asph 35 mm 'lux instead of the CV? The pre-asph 'lux is tiny, and it's not a bad lens. Though not as bitingly sharp, I think that it is better against the light than the current asph, but I haven't compared it to the CV f/1.2.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera Quest, which is the US distributer, has a warning on their website about using collapsibles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I want the speed.

In the winter my friends and I go to hockey games and then to the bar afterward. The speed of the lens will serve me well here...it's true that even a little bit more speed can help when shooting in very low light. The CV, even wide open, is pretty sharp. It's a great piece of glass.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Camera Quest, which is the US distributer, has a warning on their website about using collapsibles.
    Let me use this oportunity to clarify.

Mr. Gandy says to be careful when collapsing lenses on a CV body. He doesn't say implicitly not to use them. However, I believe there are a few that shouldn't be used because they collapse too deeply. Also, I do not have a Bessa. I have a Canon P. Just in case people were confused about my current kit standings.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    Stephanie,

Why not save your money for the M2 and a Canadian pre-asph 35 mm 'lux instead of the CV? edit ....
    By all means do what you want.

But CONSIDER the chance the old Summilux might be superior to the CV 35/1.2.

Erwin Puts wrote an assesment of the f/1.2 that pretty much nails all the issues: http://www.imx.nl/photosite/japan/voigt1235.html

The CV is a good lens. But there ARE better.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Gerald,

Here's a link: http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtBR2.htm for those interested. It's more of a warning to exercise appropriate caution and care than a warning not to use collapsible lenses at all. That's why I was specific about lens and bodies in my earlier post. As Stephen says, though, there are variations within lens models, so you need to go carefully with any new combination.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    By all means do what you want.

But CONSIDER the chance the old Summilux might be superior to the CV 35/1.2.

Erwin Puts wrote an assesment of the f/1.2 that pretty much nails all the issues: http://www.imx.nl/photosite/japan/voigt1235.html

The CV is a good lens. But there ARE better.
    It's not that I don't respect Puts. I do. I go to his website when I'm specifically looking for Leica lenses. I do not go to his website when I'm not. I'm not saying that he doesn't give good advice, but I don't really care so much about small issues. I've seen photos that come from the CV 35/1.2 and I love them. That's really all I need to know. I love the bokeh, the sharpness, the extremely shallow DOF...everything. It's my dream lens.

Well, okay. A Noctilux would be my dream lens. I know I'll never get my hands on one of those, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie: good, go for it

( but if a Summilux falls to your feet, just don't step on it... )
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin