Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,723   Online: 1158

Shooter
    35mm

My worse Bessa screw-up

Have you ever loaded film only to find out the roll you've just shot didn't "take?" I have done this with both my Bessa R3A's. In fact, I have done this with all my cameras including those with automatic loading! Now I always shove in the film lead a way in there, crank the lever twice, then shut the door. However, there are still times that I forget (because I don't like wasting frames). This was my only screw-up with these Bessa beauts. I just wish I were as perfect as them. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've only done that once and with a camera I wasn't really familiar with. Heh. I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I've heard other people after they do it:

"SON OF A !@#$%."

No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    And I lost some great shots. Lots of them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With manual wind cameras, always wind one frame before you close the back. And watch the rewind konb/crank to see that it turns when you wind the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know the feeling. I've done something on the same level quite a few times, just not this: accidently opening the film door because I think that the camera is empty. Then I see that roll of Tri-X that I shot the other day...

Whoops.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've done that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Out of deference to a great name signifying 120 folders, I wish those of you who are only talking about Japanese cameras for that itty-bitty format would say so in their subject lines, so that I don't wind up being disappointed when I get to the message.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    ... And watch the rewind konb/crank to see that it turns when you wind the film.
    The rewind crank on the R3A doesn't spin when the film is advanced, but the central shaft does spin, and there's a little eccentric red dot on it for just for this purpose.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin