Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
    Nice pictures. Which track is this please? As it happens, I am a licenced derny driver and trainer of derny drivers too:-)
    Here's my Bessa shot - this one is a Bessa ii folder.
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...00&ppuser=1337
    Very nice photo ! The track is Oberhausen in Germany, not the Oberhausen near Essen but near Karlsruhe, little village. 3500 came anyway.
    Great to meet a Derny driver personally, I still wonder in which magic way Derny and biker communicate !?? :-))

Best Bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell

You know, one problem with today's sports pictures is they are sharp details with no context - in many ways I get more from the older pictures. Here, for instance, only a sliver is sharp, but there is the complete theatre.
    My view too on the old school sports photography .Absolutely ! May be in those days the Tour de France photos had to tell more , TV was rare and the photos in L' Equipe had been the only visualization of Le Tour , for most people.

Nice link !

bertram

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    Focus on the action - let the rest blur away gently. Develop in an acutance developer to make the focused subject pop out. Voila - a sports picture with impact!

I seem to remember someone recently winning an award for sports photography with a picture shot on an 8x10 Gandolfi...

Lachlan
    I've seen recently some sport photos of Martin Munkacsi

http://www.deichtorhallen.de/418.html

which he had shot in the 40s with a huge camera , any sorta (unknown to me) 4X5 (Reflex ?) with a huge waistlevel finder, amazing results, blow you hair back. He cropped it in the darkrom, but with that neg size no prob of course..

Bertram

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin