Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,464   Online: 981

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

I bet one's coming

Considering all the hoopla surrounding the upcoming Leica digital M, fake pictures and all, I bet Cosina or Cosina/Zeiss has something prettier in the works. After all, it was Cosina who built the first digital M.

Shooter
    35mm
    Having posted that, the only time I'd consider a digital M is if it is a dual film/digital model and made by Cosina and stamped either with Zeiss or Voigtlander.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would expect that Zeiss's relationship with Sony, the size of Zeiss's resources and their past involvement with digital imaging that there will be a number of interesting products forth coming.

For those interested in digital the combination of Zeiss, Sony and Cosina should make things very interesting for Canon. I think that Photokina this year may be quite interesting.

I do not recall seeing anything about it on APUG but Zeiss is now making lenses to fit Minolta 35mm cameras.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As to Zeiss making Minolta compatible lenses - not certain.

After a ton of web teaser ads early last Winter, Zeiss announced a line of five Nikon F-mount manual primes - three to be made for them by Cosina under Zeiss's "close" QC and two to be made in Germany.

Last I heard only two of these lenses (a 50mm and 85mm) have been released.

Supposedly rest to be revealed at Photokina.

But clearly Leica stole Zeiss's "thunder" by releasing the R9 digiback and announcing the M8 digiRF around last March or April.

So Zeiss has apparently been trying to figure out what to do as a rejoinder.

The question I have is what the heck does any of this have to do with APUG? If Zeiss/Cosina are now scrambling to come up with a digi alternative to Leica's digi M8 - why do I care?

This is APUG, isn't it?

If you want to talk digi-RF's, I think the RFF site is the place to do so (and sorry Frank G. , I know that, like me, you are banned there and so cannot do so - but unlike you I don't want to be in that thread anyway!)

Now, how about you all take this digiRF stuff over to Jorge T. and back_alley - okay?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, but I wrote:
    ...I'd consider a digital M if it is a dual film/digital model and made by Cosina....

Shooter
    35mm
    You know, those guys chased off, kicked off, locked out at least a 100 of their members; maybe more. And it's far from pretty there these days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've seen the alpha in stores but not the Zeiss lenses. Having the Zeiss 50 amd 85 in Minolta mount would still be a sweet AF kit for a film user, hook it to a Maxxum... because those are FULL FRAME lenses, made for film

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sony is in the process of introducing 19 new lenses that are compatible with the Minolta Maxxum Line, these lenses are made by Zeiss, I have posted this several times, but yes Zeiss is making AF lenses that are compatible with the Maxxum line and Sony currently owns the A mount that Minolta introduced with the Maxxum 7000 starting the AF camera revolution..

The lenses are being introduced over the next few months and should be completely introduced and on the market by the end of Dec.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    If you want to talk digi-RF's, I think the RFF site is the place to do so (and sorry Frank G. , I know that, like me, you are banned there and so cannot do so - but unlike you I don't want to be in that thread anyway!)

Now, how about you all take this digiRF stuff over to Jorge T. and back_alley - okay?
    Which bar (pub), George?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw
    Which bar (pub), George?
    Touche, Brian....Note to self - stay above the fray!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin