Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,710   Online: 811

Shooter
    35mm

Why I love the Bessa R3A

Besides being black (and a good fondler), it's a Hell of a nice machine. It's solid, smooth and it feels good. I love its ease of use with it's auto exposure. I love it's Leica-like shutter whomp. But most of all, I love it's bargain price. Yup. I love the Bessa R3A, as far as new rangefinder cameras go. The only thing this Bessa is missing is a Zeiss-like 50mm F2 lens from Cosina.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-G
    Besides being black (and a good fondler), it's a Hell of a nice machine. It's solid, smooth and it feels good. I love its ease of use with it's auto exposure. I love it's Leica-like shutter whomp. But most of all, I love it's bargain price. Yup. I love the Bessa R3A, as far as new rangefinder cameras go. The only thing this Bessa is missing is a Zeiss-like 50mm F2 lens from Cosina.
    I find the shutter sounds of the Bessa and the Leica distinctly different, and the meter in the R2A/R3A is the least satisfactory of any of the Bessas. Also, as my 'standard' lens is 35mm, I find the 1:1 finder less than perfect. I'd rather have my (olive green) R2 or my (black paint) MP, thanks. And I suspect I'd prefer an R2M to an R2A.

Then again I don't fondle cameras much.

Cheers,

Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin