Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,776   Online: 934

Shooter
    35mm

Bessa - best bang for the buck

Not everyone will agree with me that the Bessa is best. However, it certainly is the best 35mm rangefinder for the buck. Sure I'd love to have a Contax G2 but the only place I could find selling new bodies costs about $1450 Canadian. Then there is the matter of buying a new 45mm lens (the best lens). I'd love to have the best body or even second best, the Ikon, however, I've settled with the third best being the Bessa R3A which is best for the buck making it #1. The black one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can get a G2 kit 2nd hand for that, easy

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    35mm
    No, I can't, unless I take my chances and buy one from the USA via E-bay.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you want a Bessa then buy one. Buying on Ebay from a seller with a very high rating is not particularly risky. If you ask while the auction is still on you may be able to get a return privilege if the item is not as advetised.

I am NOT anti Bessa but if a motor and auto focus is very helpful then there are not many choices. If a motor and a regular RF will be best then there is the Konica Hexar RF.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    I all ready own 2 black Bessa R3A cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin